Your River Ceremony
A peaceful private ceremony on the River Avon.
The Avon rises near Rugby and joins the River Severn at Tewkesbury and then flows into the sea. Your loved ones ashes may be scattered in a peaceful and pretty spot downstream some distance away from the busy Stratford upon Avon town centre. You may scatter ashes with or without a religious ceremony.
We offer a selection of devotional prayers which can be played on your private charter. Or you can bring your own music on an iPhone or Android mobile phone.
Flowers, paper petals, paper boats, ghee candles, bio-degradable water urns made of salt, sand or handmade paper may be floated on the river. If the urn is a scattering tube, is plastic or cardboard we will look after it when you leave. Plastic bags, plastic urns, scattering tubes or ceremonial cloths cannot be put in the river as they do not biodegrade quickly (or at all) and can be dangerous for the environment, wildlife and boats.
The cost of the 90 minute private cruise is £340. Our 2022 fee increase is due to the rise in the cost of fuel, oil, crew & additional vessel safety bills.
To keep you safe the maximum number of guests who can attend the ceremony is twenty four (24). This may change in 2022 depending on government restrictions in place.
COVID-19 Keep Safe
Information & Rules
- During Plan B guests must wear a face covering of good quality except when eating or drinking. A safe distance should be observed with other households.
- Your cruise is in a heated enclosed cabin. The windows will be open to give a flow of air but we ask that you perform a Lateral Flow Test before you come. You can get free tests from chemists or order online here: Lateral Flow Tests
- The GOV.UK website now offers clarity on how to keep safe and stop the spread of Coronavirus – for more information click here.
- We display the Bancroft Cruisers NHS COVID-19 QR Code poster. We recommend you download the NHS COVID-19 App and that you check-in on boarding by scanning the QR code poster. You can download the app on your mobile or here: NHS Covid-19
- No-one should attend if they have been in contact with COVID-19, have tested positive in the last 10 days, are waiting for a COVID result, are clinically vulnerable or are showing any symptoms.